With the addition of the historian service and future SCADA plans, eLynx's need for managed attributes is a necessity. Managed Attributes will allow for easier integrations, better route management and alarm management.
To create attributes and manage in bulk, select Attribute Management in the Miscellaneous section of the Administration Menu.
When the page loads, all attributes currently in the system are displayed.
To quickly search for an attribute in the system, use the Filter bar in the upper left-hand side of the screen.
To add a new Attribute, select Add Attribute. The system will then allow you to walk through a step menu to add the attribute. For the first step, You will need to add a unique name and select the type of Attribute.
The current available Attribute Value Types are:
- Date - Allows users to enter data in as a date. ()Example Date of First Production: 1/1/2021 0800
- Numeric Only - Allowing for only numeric entry with some additional parameters to be defined such as decimal place and whole number length. (Example Accounting ID: 15423)
- Freeform Text - Allows for alphanumeric entry.
- Predefined Value Only - Allows admins to define what values a user has to choose from. (Example Lift type: Rod Pump, Gas Lift, Plunger Lift etc)
- Predefined Value & Freeform Text - Allows admins to define a pick list as well as let users enter in something not found in the list.
Each Attribute Value will have a slight variation of options. The most commonly used is the Predefine Value option and is shown below.
To add options for a pick list, select Add Value, and continue to add until all the values have been added.
To rearrange the order, grab on the dots to the left and drag to rearrange. To Delete click the trash can icon.
Once the Value has been set, you can assign in bulk to devices by moving to step 2 Usage. Depending on the type of attribute value this screen will be either a series check boxes or data entry boxes. To add the attribute, enter the data or select the value to be applied.
Once all selections have been made, Select the summary step to view the changes prior to committing them.
Article is closed for comments.