Cyber security concerns are everywhere these days, which is why we recommend you use a strong password for your eLynx account. A strong password will help protect your companies’ production information and keep your account safe. In this article, we cover how to create and update your eLynx account to use a strong password.
First, let’s cover the guidelines for establishing a strong password.
Strong passwords should always:
- Be at least 8 characters in length
- Contain both upper and lowercase alphabetic characters (e.g. A-Z, a-z)
- Have at least one numerical character (e.g. 0-9)
- Have at least one special character (e.g. ! @ # $ &)
A helpful way to build a strong password is to complete the following exercise:
- Start with a phrase or sentence you can easily remember. An example: "The early bird gets the worm”
- Use all of the first letters: tebgtw
- Then capitalize some of the letters: TeBGtw
- Add in some numbers: 4TeBGtw1
- Substitute in punctuation and generate a new strong password: 4TeBGtw!
Once you’ve decided on a new Password for your eLynx account, updating your password is simple. You can update your password by visiting the User Profile & settings page under your Account Profile:
You’ll enter your new Password, then enter it a second time to confirm. Click the Update User Profile button at the bottom and your Password will be updated.
You can also update your password by using the Forgot Password tool on the login page, located just below the Password box:
This tool will prompt you to enter your email address, then send you an email with a link to log into your account and reset the password:
In addition to using a strong password for your eLynx account, we recommend you keep your passwords safe by following these simple rules:
- Do not write your password down or tell it to anyone else.
- Never put your password in an e-mail, chat, or instant message.
- Do not use the same password for eLynx that you use for another account or web site.
- Change your passwords regularly.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Support group by sending an email using this page.