eLynx Map View provides interactive maps and satellite/aerial imagery of your well sites. You have the capability to enter latitude and longitude GPS coordinates on your website to have displayed on your Map View. Each user will only have access to the Map View for the groups that they have been given access to.
Adding Latitude and Longitude Coordinates to Your Devices
You have the ability to add the latitude and longitude coordinates to each of your devices directly from the website. To add these coordinates, follow the steps below:
1.From the Summary Listing, click on the device name you would like to add your coordinates.
2. Select the Properties tab on the Device Details page.
3. Under Geolocation, type your Longitude and Latitude values in the appropriate text boxes.
4. Click Update Properties.
NOTE: If you have a large amount of devices that you would like eLynx Support to bach load coordinates, please email email@example.com with the meter names and latitude and longitude coordinates in an excel spreadsheet.
Navigating to Map View
To see the Map View of a group of devices:
- You must first choose the group of devices from the Group Hierarchy.
- Click Map View on the left side menu.
You will be directed to a page similar to the one below:
Map View Features
Once you are viewing your Map View, you will see latitude and longitude coordinate locations displayed with colored pins. Individual pin colors indicate alarm status within the Map View.
- A redpin indicates an alarm state, such as, pressure or temperature, being outside the normal range.
- A green pin indicates an alarm state, such as, pressure or temperature, being outside the normal range that has been acknowledged.
You can click on these pins to view information for that specific meter device. This information can be customized by the administrator. When you click on a pin a box will display with the selected data values and device name; both of which are links allowing you to drill down to the Device and Tag Details pages:
Customizing Values Shown When Hovering Over Pin
1. From the Summary Listing, click on the device name you would like to add your coordinates.
2. Select the Defaults tab on the Device Details page.
3. Change the drop-down on Default Tags for: to Mapping
4. Select items from Available Columns that you want displayed for the map view.
5. Click Save Defaults.