You may need to contact support
Before you can use Tanks in the eLynx Application, our support team will need to configure your account beforehand. The configuration will include setting up the initial template (see "When to Contact Support" below) and enabling the calculations that are required to display information like Liquid Volume, Capacity Filled, and Capacity Remaining.
When to Contact Support
- If you are needing to add a Tank to the system with telemetry and this telemetry will be directly polled by the eLynx servers you will need to contact support to setup the new Tank device, you can not do this directly, support will need to first setup the polling system to communicate with the device, and to ensure the calculations are enabled.
- If you are needing to add a Tank to the system with telemetry sourced from your own SCADA software, you will need to contact support to create a Template in the system that will link the new tank to the correct tags in your SCADA software, and to enable the calculations. This only needs to be done for the first Tank.
- If you are needing to add a Tank to the system for manual entry, and this is your first Tank you will need to contact support, they will prepare your system by creating a Manual Entry tank template and enabling the calculations.
A Tank Style describes the physical characteristics of a Tank such as Height, Capacity, Volume per inch, and Unit of Measure. Before you create a Tank ensure that a Tank Style has been defined that correctly describe the Tank you are about to add. Please see Tank Style Administration for information on adding and editing Tank Styles
Adding a Tank
Tanks are added to the system using the Object Administration tool in the application, you will only see this tool if your User Login has permissions to use this tool. If you do not have the appropriate permissions you will need to contact your System Administrator to add the Tank.
Access Object Administration by selecting the Wrench icon in the sidebar, then selecting Object Administration from the menu.
At the top of the page click on the Create Device button
From the Choose Template Action dropdown select Create from Template, then click the Select Template button.
Select the correct Template from the list (our Support Team will have provided information on the Template Name when they set your account up for Tank devices.)
You will need to fill out the various fields on the screen as follows:
- Device Name - this is the name that will appear throughout the application (i.e. North Water Tower #1).
- Contract Hour - this field determines the time of day that the application will use for things like "Previous Day" values etc. For most use cases just select "00:00" and all of these types of calculations will be tied to midnight.
- Latitude - Longitude - If you have the Geolocation coordinates for the Tank and you enter them here, then the Map View feature will show a pin on the map for this Tank.
- Identifier or Path - If this Tank is being polled by an in house SCADA system (option 2 above) then this will be where you enter the Identifier or the path in your SCADA system that will be used to collect the data and inform our system of what item in the data feed will represent this Tank. For a Manual Entry Tank you may leave this field blank.
- Tank Style - Please select the Tank Style that matches this tank so that the system knows the appropriate calculations and conversions to use when doing calculations.
- Tank Contents - Please select whether the contents of this Tank are Water or Chemical so that the system can place the appropriate labels on the Tank.
Once all of this information has been entered the Summary button at the bottom of the screen will be enabled, click this button to proceed to a page where you can review the information entered.
If any of the information is incorrect you can click the Device Details button in the lower left corner to return to the previous page and correct the information.
If everything looks correct, click the Create Device button in the bottom right corner of the screen and the new Tank device will be created and made available in the application.
New devices are NOT added automatically to groups within the application, you will need to use the Group Administration tool to add them. Please note that it may take a few minutes before new Tank devices appear and are selectable in Group Administration as background processes need time to finish the device creation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.