Open the Rules Administration page
The Rules Administration page is accessed from the navigation menu within the eLynx application.
- On the left side of the page, click the Toggle Menu button to display the full names of the navigation menu items.
- Click the Administration menu item to display a list of the available pages and tools.
- NOTE: You must have Administrator permissions to view or interact with the Administration menu. If you do not see the Administration menu please contact your eLynx application administrator or contact eLynx Support for assistance.
- In the Administration menu list, under the Alarms & Notifications section, click the Rules Administration menu item. The Rules Administration page will be displayed.
View Rules and Usage
The Rules Administration page displays all rules that have been applied to one or more devices and/or wells. From this page the user can view and manage all aspects of rule creation and maintenance.
Two mechanisms are available to assist the user when trying to locate rules in the list:
- Rule Type - This drop down may be used to show only Diagnostic rules, Data Quality rules or All rules. The default value is All.
- Filter by Name - Optionally, enter partial or full text of any rule name to display only the matching entries. This can be helpful when scrolling through dozens or hundreds of items to find the desired rules.
Each rule contains a Usage link which indicates the total number of devices and wells to which the rule has been applied. This Usage link may be expanded to view the details of the associated items:
- Devices - Shows the number of devices to which the rule is applied, and may be expanded to see the list of specific devices. Clicking the device will open the Device Details page.
- Wells - Shows the number of wells to which the rule is applied, and may be expanded to see the list of specific wells. Clicking a well will open the Well Details page.
How to use the Rules Administration Page
The Rules Administration page may be used to perform the following actions related to rules:
- Create a Rule
- Apply a Rule
- Modify a Rule
- Copy a Rule
- Delete a Rule