Rules are used to monitor devices or wells for potentially undesirable situations or events by evaluating one or multiple tag values against specified thresholds and/or formulas. Once a rule is created it may be applied to one or multiple devices or wells to begin monitoring. If an event is detected that meets the rule criteria then the appropriate notifications are sent to the designated recipients and/or notification lists using the specified communication mechanisms (e.g., email, voice callouts or texting).
eLynx currently provides two methods to apply rules:
- Predefined Rules - Created by eLynx, these are commonly used rules with pre-selected Tag parameters and default threshold values which may be modified by the user.
- Custom Rules - Created by the customer, these rules provide full flexibility to the user to choose the desired Tag parameters and then define the rule logic and thresholds using an expression builder.
Once a rule is created then it may be applied to selected devices and/or wells along with customizable messaging and notifications when an event is detected.
The current release of the Rules Engine (i.e., Release 3 (R3), March 3, 2020) may be used to create and manage rules as described in the following articles:
|Open the Rules Administration Page||View the available custom or predefined rules currently applied to devices and/or wells.|
|Create a Rule||Create a custom diagnostics rule that may be applied to devices or wells.|
|Apply a Rule||Apply a predefined or custom diagnostic rule to devices or wells and configure messaging for notification lists and recipients when a rule detects an event.|
|Modify a Rule||Modify an existing applied diagnostic rule to change the selected devices, wells, rule logic and/or messaging for notification lists and recipients when a rule detects an event.|
|Copy a Rule||Copy an existing applied diagnostic rule to change the selected devices, wells, rule logic and/or messaging for notification lists and recipients when a rule detects an event.|
|Delete a Rule||Delete an existing applied diagnostic rule from the selected devices or wells.|
- eLynx Employees - Support Team
- eLynx Customer Users - Administrators
- eLynx Application
- eLynx Application - Administrator