When you click on a group in the Group Hierarchy, you see a Summary Listing of all the devices in that group. This customization view shows the last known value for each device in the group. The data columns that are shown are based on the Current Configuration, which you can customize by clicking on Configuration on the left sidebar of the page when the side panel is shown while viewing a Summary Listing screen .
This will open the Configuration portion of the side panel to begin customization leaving the Summary Listing view-able on the right.
Adding and Deleting Columns
- Click Add Columns...at the top of the side panel.
- When the screen appears check the boxes of the columns you want to view in the Available Columns tab. You are able to filter columns by typing the name of the column in the Filter available columns... text box and click the Filter icon.
NOTE: To display historical (averages) or variance columns in the Available Columns box check the appropriate boxes at the bottom of the screen.
- Optional If you would like to add Attribute Columns to your Summary Listing view, click the Available Attributes tab and check the boxes of the attributes you want to view. See the Device Details Properties section to learn more about Attributes.
- Click OK.
The columns you selected will be found in the Selected Columns box found in the side panel.
NOTE: Before saving a configuration you can cancel any changes made by clicking Reload in the side panel.
The order in which the values are shown on the resulting Summary Listing is determined by the order of the items in the Selected Columns box. The first item is the left-most data item in the Summary Listing grid. The last item is the right-most item in the Summary Listing grid.
To change the order in which columns are displayed in the Summary Listing grid, follow these steps.
- In the Selected Columns box, highlight by clicking the column name you wish to relocate.
- Click the up or down arrows to the left of the box to move the column name. The page updates with each click. Click as many times as necessary to move the column name to the position you want.
Saving and Canceling Changes
- Click Save As...at the bottom of the side panel, which will open a section.
- Type a configuration name in the text box.
- Use the drop down menu to select the type of configuration - Private, Shared, or Shared-Read Only.
- Click Save.
Updating a Current Configuration
The Update and Save option will allow you to update the changes that you have made and override the current configuration. After you have made changes, to update and save click Update and Save at the bottom of the side panel. The page will refresh and the Summary Listing will reflect the changes made.
NOTE: You are only able to update and save configurations created by your username. If you have the appropriate permissions granted to you by your administrator you will have the option to update any Shared Configurations. In this step, if you Update and Save a configuration that is shared by multiple users these changes will be seen by all users. eLynx recommends you always Save a New Configuration.
The Delete Option will allow you to delete any configurations created by your user or any shared configurations that you have created that are not in use by any other users. To delete a configuration, follow the steps below:
- Select the configuration you want to delete from the drop down menu.
- Once the page and sidebar refresh, click Delete at the bottom section of the sidebar.
- A pop-up will appear making sure you wish to delete this configuration. Click OK.
- If this configuration is being used as a default configuration by another user or yourself you will receive another pop-up letting you know you are unable to delete this configuration.
NOTE: You must have the appropriate permissions granted to you by your administrator before you can create page configurations that everyone can view.