This page allows you to customize your device name, view alarming set points, and add attachments and memos. You can navigate to the Device Details page in any one of the following three ways:
- Click the Live Data icon on the right portion of the Summary Listing grid on the row of the desired device.
Click the device name in the Summary Listing.
Use the Related Pages dropdown menu and choose Device Details or Live Data under the Device Pages column when on a Device Page or Tag Page.
The Device Details page will appear:
From this page you can navigate to the Device Details page for other devices by hovering over the current device name at the top of this section and selecting the device you want to view.
When the Tag Values tab is selected, you are able to view all tags (data values) that are associated with this specific device. The last known value, date and time is also displayed on this page.
When the Properties tab is selected, you are able to update device name, add latitude and longitude coordinates to be viewed from the Map View, location name, and add attributes to your devices. Attributes are characteristics that you can place on your devices (i.e. meter type, location, etc).
There are two sections found on this tab:
To update the Standard Properties section, enter the appropriate information into the text boxes and select Update.
NOTE: If you enter latitude and longitude coordinates here they will automatically be placed into your Map View.
To add an attribute, follow the steps below:
- Under Custom Attributes, in the New attribute nametext box, type the name of the attribute that can be used across multiple devices.
- In the New attribute valuetext box, type the value of the attribute which will be used as the characteristic value for your devices.
- Click Add.
To edit an existing attribute, follow the steps below:
- Under Custom Attributes, on the row of the attribute that you want to edit, select the Editicon on the right.
- When the text fields will become editable, edit the information in the text boxes.
- Click Update.
How Custom Attributes can be used:
- As additional columns to be displayed in the Summary Listing.
- As search criteria in Dynamic Grouping.
NOTE: You must have the appropriate security permissions granted to you by your administrator to access this section.
To set defaults for this device:
- Select to highlight the items you want displayed as a trend and for the map view in the Available Trendsbox.
- Use the left arrow icon to move the selected items into the Device level Default Trends box.
NOTE: With Device Default Trend settings, User Default Trends created at the Device Trend level overrides this default set by the administrator.
This page displays the tag name, set point name, operator, threshold value, and current state (i.e. Normal or Alarm state).
NOTE: Documents must be 4 MB or less per document added.
To attach a document, follow the steps below:
- Click Add Document in the top right corner of the page.
- When the pop-up menu appears, click Browse to search your computer for the document you want to attach.
- Once the document is found and selected, click Open.
- When the location of the document is listed in the File to Attach text box, click Attach.
You will then see the document displayed on the Attachments tab area.
NOTE: You much have the appropriate permissions granted by your administrator to access this section. Depending on the type of permissions granted you may be able to view but not attach additional documents. If you do not see any attachments that you know should be there you do not have the appropriate permissions granted to view attached documents.
Add New Memo
To add a new memo, follow the steps below:
- Click Add Memo in the top right corner of the page.
- When the pop-up menu appears, type the memo information in the text box available. You are also able to use the drop down menu from Insert Auto Text to select frequently used text.
NOTE: If given the appropriate permissions, you are able to manage your auto text and add additional frequently used text. To do so click on Manage next to the Insert Auto Text drop down, type in a new text entry, and click Add.
- With a time stamp you have two options: (a) click specify times tamp to indicate the date and time you want listed on that memo, or (b) click Add Memo which will auto fill with the current date and time.
You will then see the new memo displayed on the Memos tab area displaying the user who added the memo.
Memo Flag on Summary Listing
After adding a memo a flag will be displayed for all users that are able to view memos.
To delete a memo, follow the steps below:
- Click the Delete icon to the left of the memo date.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you are sure you want to remove this memo. Click OK.
It also enables you to click on another group that this device is found and drill down to the Summary Listing.