The 'Round the Clock' Water Leak Detection Device is a cellular communication device that uses a
pressure transmitter to monitor water pressure. The pressure values will be reported into the eLynx
interface at 15-minute intervals, allowing for monitoring the pressure, alarming, reporting, etc.
- The enclosure is typically mounted on a 10' X 2" conduit pole. The enclosure should be at eye level,
and the solar panel mounted above it.
- Mount the enclosure to the 2” pipe using the provided 2” Unistrut clamps.
- The field wiring from the pressure transmitter will be three conductors that is then run into the
enclosure via a 1/2" cord grip.
- Mount the solar panel to the 2” pipe using the provided 2” U-bolt.
- The solar panel must face south to allow for maximum charging.
- Use zip ties to secure the excess wire to the pole.
- Run the solar panel wire into one of the enclosure's side cord grips.
The battery will be placed in the bottom of the enclosure.
- Connect red wire from battery positive to terminal strip #3.
- Connect black wire to negative to terminal strip #4.
- Connect black wire to negative on terminal strip #2
- Connect red wire to positive on terminal strip #1.
Solar Charge Controller
The wiring between the controller and the termination strip has been prewired for you.
WARNING: When wiring the battery and solar panel to the charge controller, always connect the battery first, then the solar panel. When removing wires from the charge controller, reverse the above
action and disconnect the solar panel then the battery. Connecting the solar panel to a controller with no battery load can possibly damage the controller.
- Connect red and white wires from the modem to terminal strip #5.
- Connect the black to terminal strip #6.
- Connect Green wire to terminal strip #9 Top.
- Mount modem to the inside back of enclosure using provided 3M dual lock fastener.
- Two SMA antennas will be provided. Both will be screwed directly into the modem within the
- One antenna will be screwed onto the connector labeled "Cell."
- The other antenna will be screwed into the connector labeled "Diversity."
If you are having trouble obtaining cellular service, please contact eLynx regarding an external high-gain MIMO antenna kit.
When powering up for the first time it can take several minutes for the modem to register to the network.
- When power is applied the power light will turn red and stay red for up to 30 seconds, it will then turn
Green and start searching for available carriers.
- The Network and Signal lights will then both turn Red and begin flashing indicating its searching.
- When a Network is found, the LED will turn Green and begin to blink, once locked to a carrier it will
turn to a solid Green.
- The Signal LED will continue to flash and may turn solid.
~Flashing/solid Green LED indicates very good signal.
~Flashing/solid Yellow means good/ok signal.
~If the Signal LED is flashing/solid Red, this means it has a poor/weak signal.
Contact eLynx for a high gain external antenna kit that may be purchased.
The field wiring from the pressure transmitter will be three conductors that are then run into the enclosure via a 1/2"cord grip.
- Install the pressure transmitter inlet port into the valve at the point you want to monitor pressure
such as valve on pipeline or valve riser.
- Use Teflon tape on port threads to ensure sealed connection.
- After transmitter is installed, open the valve and check for leaks.
- Connect the 5V+ USB wire for the transmitter to terminal strip #8 Top.
- Connect the black wire from the transmitter to terminal strip #7.
- Connect the Signal wire from the transmitter to terminal strip #9.
- Connect the 12V+ red wire from transmitter to terminal strip #8.
- Connect USB cable into USB port on the charge controller.
Occasionally we have found factory stripped wires can have a clear coating that may cause issues with the pressure readings. It is best to clip off the factory-stripped section and re-strip the wires prior to installation.
General Input Layout
Note: Transmitter signal wire color may vary. Due to supply chain issues, we might have to order different size transmitters that have different PSI ratings. Take note of PSI as this will be needed during the device set up process. If you are unsure about wiring colors, please call to verify. Please use the support phone number below to verify.
We’re Here to Help
Need help or have questions? Call or email eLynx Support at: email@example.com or (866) 303-5969
Please sign in to leave a comment.