Prepare your account by establishing an API key inside the eLynx Application.
- Login to the eLynx Application
- Click on your name in the top menu bar and select “User Profile & Settings”
- Click on the API management tab
- If your key already appears you are all set, just click the “copy” icon, if you see a “Request API Access button click it, in a few seconds you’ll see your API key and you may copy it to your clipboard.
* Your key will expire in six months, but if you come back to this screen and click the refresh icon a new key will be issued.
- Open Excel
- Switch to the “Developer” menu *If you don’t see the “Developer” menu you can turn it on From the file menu, then options and finally by selecting it on the “Customize Ribbon” Option.
- Click the Add-Ins button.
- Search the store for eLynx and click the “Get it now” button*If your company limits you to approved add ins only then you’ll need to have your account administrator add the eLynx Report add-in to your account. Once added you’ll see a slightly different just highlight the eLynx Reporting icon and click the Add button at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll now have a new item on your toolbar labeled “eLynx-Prod-AM”, select this then click on the “Get Reports” button.
- A window will show on screen with a “Get Started” button, click this button. On the pop-up window, paste in your eLynx API key and click the “Sign In” button.
- You may now select any report that you have access to within the eLynx application, enter a date range, and when you click the “Run Report” button a new tab will be added to your current Excel workbook with all of the data from the report.